“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” –Saint Augustine

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Day of Classes


My first day of classes was not a very good day in Florence. I got to sleep in, which I always love to do since I didn't have a morning class. (Very good planning on my part!) Once my roommates who had morning classes got out we all decided to go on an adventure to find some lunch, getting completely lost of course. Let me tell you, New York City is a piece of cake compared to Florence! The city is so confusing to navigate around, and I still get lost driving around Cary! I feel like I'm walking a million miles everyday, just getting myself lost. We eventually found our way, but I was way hungry and it was just a mess. Spending most of my morning lost, i had my history of italy course from 4-6 and its the most boring thing ever. I really wish we didn't have to take any classes while we were here and we could just enjoy the city! But we dont really have a choice in the matter anymore. I'm sure this class is going to be my least favorite thing about the whole time, besides getting lost everyday! After class, which I fell asleep in for some of it, I had my cooking class. The only redeeming quality of the day. We make new trend italian cuisine every monday. This first class we made these pargimano and pesto bites, veal marscape, some bacon and pasta dish, and chocolate and pischatto biscotti. It was all SOOO GOOD! I have all the recipes and I'm sure I'll try them at some point when I get home. Just all the meal are kind of time consuming, not something I can get whip up in a few--requires lots of time and ingredients-- but worth it in the end. The pesto bits, which I made, were my favorite. I even bought an apron so I can really get into my cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment