“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” –Saint Augustine

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Siena and Pisa


Just got back from an amazing dinner at Za-Za's in downtown Florence. Thanks Elyssa for recommending it! I had eggplant parmagina and it was so good :) Nothing beats Italian food in Italy! The past two days have been super busy. On Saturday the group traveled to Siena. On the way we stopped at a small Renaissance village--it was so cute. The village stands in between the Florence and Siena border and was used to defend against the Florence people way back when, so the village is surround by a brick wall. Kind of like the oldest gated community :) Then we went into downtown, historic Siena and walked around the streets, saw the Siena Duomo, and hung out at the piazza de campo (this is where they had horse races). Such a historic city! Because of the war between Florence and Siena, which Florence won, Siena culture stopped and therefore the medieval and Renaissance was preserved :) Lunch in Siena at Gallo Nero was amazing. The only thing that really sucked was my allergies were TERRIBLE! I'm much better today, but even while I'm writing this blog my nose is running. Hopefully tomorrow I'm be even better and adjust to the climate. Since I wasnt feeling well, when I got back from Siena I took a shower and passed out.

This morning we woke up early, again, and went to Pisa. We took the train there, which was pretty interesting to see a lot more of Italy. Pisa was pretty cool, not much to do but check out the leaning tower, take a bunch of pics, and walk up the tower. We had lunch there then headed home.

Tomorrow is the first day of classes for all of us, so were taking it pretty easy. Uploading pictures right now to facebook, its not letting me upload any to this site. Ill try it later. Goodnight all <3

2 comments:

  1. wow i've always wanted to travel and italy is right up there. sounds like you are having a great time Jen and I'd love to hang out sometime once you get back! keep posting pics cuz I'm definitely gawking over them haha!

    take care,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame you and Elyssa weren't there together. Kinda cool that you both choose Italy!

    ReplyDelete