“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” –Saint Augustine

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Home sweet home at least for the next month

Just finishing unpacking in my Florence apartment! It has been a longggggg day. Left Cary at noon on Wednesday and arrived at my apartment around 1pm today, Thursday (with a 6 hour time difference.) Regardless, the city is so cool already and I haven't really had a chance to do anything but skype Landon and my parents and pick up some bottled water. I'm totally fighting jet leg right now, sooo tired. But trying to fight the urge to take a nap. The apartment is pretty nice, nicer than expected at least. And we have free internet so I'll be checking in online often! Plans for the rest of the day include an orientation with the landlord so we know how to use everything in the apartment and don't blow a fuze. After we are having a group dinner a few blocks away. No other real plans for the rest of the day.. but I'm sure I'll end up exploring my new stomping grounds as well as drinking some vino ;)

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I want Pictures!!!!!!! sounds great love you! cant wait to hear about the cooking class!!!! yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. took a ton of pictures today and going to siena tomorrow so expect pictures by the end of the weekend :) classes start monday so ill let you know how the cooking class goes. love you

    ReplyDelete