“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” –Saint Augustine

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why does traveling have to be so obnoxious?

Sitting in Charlotte International Airport waiting to board my eight hour flight to Munich, Germany then board another flight to Florence, Italy. At the end of this whole ordeal I will have been traveling for just over 12 hours. Sometimes I wish I could blink and just be where ever I wanted to be. But instead I have to deal with airport personal, and unorganized chaos. First off, the flight to Charlotte from Raleigh was delayed a half hour due to traffic, and then once I got to Charlotte, I find out my carry-on is too big for Lufhansa flights and I have to check my bag. The bag that I was told should have everything I need incase my luggage gets lost is now CHECKED itself. What a freakin' hassle. Four or five other people on my group flight had the same issue. Thanks for the heads up Lufhansa. Anyway, hopping that this flight will be easier. We get dinner about an hour into the flight and a small breakfast in the morning--what can be bad about free food? hahaha Well, I gotta pee before my flight boards...

lovee

2 comments:

  1. OMG - wish we knew about the size of bags! Love getting updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can say IM JEALOUS enough today. Wish I was going to Italy! Cannot wait to get my first postcard filled with details from your adventure. Enjoy your free food!

    ReplyDelete